samedi 4 avril 2009

Pea soup

Yesterday I drove down to the harbour at least four or five times. On business, not in order to take photos. But why not carry a camera with you when working?

It's just like blogging. Blogging and working at the same time - my speciality. And also something that might explain why I don't always comment as much and as long as I would like to. My apologies to all of you who feel neglected. But work still comes first. And the phones keep ringing. I'm not complaining - it's good to have something to do these days.

I had seen and photographed the City of Chichester entering the harbour on Thursday in the late afternoon. It brought us the fog. I had taken some pictures of it early in the morning, yesterday, Friday, and when it left at 4 PM, I saw it again, surrounded by sea gulls looking for something to eat in the pea soup.

Sea gulls are like that, they eat what they find. Fish of course, but also earthworms, so why not some soup as well?

The vessel has left, the fog is still there. So are the sea gulls. But I am not. On weekends I'm off my job, and off my blog! This message is just automatic.

12 commentaires:

claude a dit…

Je l'avais dit que le bateau partirai sans le brouillard. Un bateau anglais ne peut qu'apporter du fog et le laisser pour que anque il retourne à son port d'attache, le temps soit clair.
Blogue bien, travaille bien, commente quant tu peux, y pas le feu !

SusuPetal a dit…

Some fog!

Try to enjoy the weekend nevertheless!

Tarolino a dit…

Of my job and of my blog. This message is automatic.

That made be erupt in uncontrollable laughter. I see you have a healthy deal of humour in that photogenic brain of yours.

A hefty soup I must say. I hope it did not bring on diarrhea in the gulls. Wouldn't that be quite a horrible thing to have a flock gulls with diarrhea flying overhead?

Mick a dit…

Chichester? Where is that exactly?

Liisa a dit…

Tuota voi sanoa todella hernerokkasumuksi. Täällä sataa lunta.

M'man a dit…

Bon WE! :)

isopeikko a dit…

Peikolta terveisiä. Se on tänään syönyt rokkaa, joka ei maistunut sumulle.

GMG a dit…

Hi Hélène! Blogging and working? Only in foggy days, probably... ;)
I was thinking of Roger Corman movies while seeing tour pics; you'll need some wind to clear up... ;)

India 2008 has come to an end at Blogtrotter, but there is lots to see there, still in the BRIC countries… ;). Enjoy and have a great Sunday!

Daniel Chérouvrier a dit…

Quand la soupe aux pois devient de la purée de pois !

Lara a dit…

hope you have a great weekend off :)!

Cergie a dit…

A Dieppe près du pont l'est un escalier dont faut se méfier : la vase s'en est mêlée !

april a dit…

I like the composition (the blue horizontals and verticals) and the contrasts here. I wonder how much you had to pay the man to go there with his red jacket ;-))