dimanche 14 janvier 2007

Old phones


My late brother's firstborn son wrote about his desire to possess the newest mobile phone and I have the feeling that he doesn't understand me when I say that a phone is a phone is a phone.

The advertisers haven't yet convinced me that I need a new phone when the old one is still working well, but I promise you, the day I'll believe that the owner of the newest phone will receive more phone calls from friends and family I'll run.

I'll run and buy one immediately, but not for me. My working days are spent so much on the phone that I quite appreciate the silence when they don't ring. Of course friends and family can still call me if they wish.

No, I'll give it to someone who is old, alone and lonely and who would certainly appreciate any extra call that the newest phone could bring.

4 commentaires:

isopeikko a dit…

Very wonderful blue color in the handset. That brings to me a girl I used to know... thanks :)

Reflex a dit…

La technologie, toujours en avance sur son temps, on essaie de tout nous vendre, toujours mieux, toujours plus... Pour ma part j'ai un mobile assez bon, mais je l'ai eu "gratuitement" en renouvellant mon abonnement :)

Très bien réussie la photo des cabines :)

Cergie a dit…

Ben tiens, justement
A l'époque où on n'avait pas le téléphone chez nous, ça n'existait pas les téléphones portables.
Heureusement mon père est décédé après que nous l'ayons (deux mois après)
C'est qd même bien le téléphone dans certain cas.
Pour Noel, j'ai eu un mobile pour que mon mari puisse me joindre, mais je ne sais (ou ne veut)pas m'en servir alors je le laisse éteint à la maison.

hpy a dit…

Isopeikko, at your service!

Reflex, le mien c'est pareil, "gratuit" avec le réabonnement. Cela me suffit.

Cergie, allume ton téléphone pour que je puisse t'appeler!
Sans blague, c'est bien si on n'en devient pas esclave.
Moi, le portable c'est surtout pour le travail - je n'appelle pas vraiment sans raison.